High school and college students, you're invited to experience the thrill of opera with us.
LA Opera invites full-time high school and college students to join Opera U online and receive reserved student rush ticket offers by email. Faculty can also sign up for the opportunity to bring groups of 15 or more students to selected performances at the student rush ticket price. Enroll today and you're on your way to experiencing some of the world's most exciting productions!
If you're a full-time high school or college student looking to enjoy the amazing world of opera right here in Los Angeles, then Opera U is right for you. Register to receive exclusive email announcements for ticket offers and special events. Join today to begin your operatic experience.
Give your students the gift of opera and receive a discounted ticket for yourself! Select tickets for $25 are available for faculty members who organize groups of 15 or more students to attend an Opera U performance.
Opera U is an easy and completely electronic way for full-time students to purchase discount tickets and receive invitations to LA Opera events. Our mission is to enable your students to see the greatest opera in the world by offering them attractive discounts. Encourage your students to register for Opera U today!
Have a trained expert in opera speak to your students for free. Our Community Educators can introduce your students to the extraordinary world of opera. This team of trained experts can speak on any opera performed during our season or customize a talk to suit your needs. Click here to contact us by email or call 213.972.8016.
Important information regarding Opera U
- Opera U is available to high school, college and university students who register through our online registration. All students must log in using their user name, password, and the Opera U promotion code they receive via email to purchase tickets.
- Each student must present a valid student I.D. when retrieving his/her ticket from the box office's Will Call window on the night of the performance. If a valid student ID is not presented or the name on the ID does not match the name on the account which purchased the tickets, the box office has the right to refuse entrance to the performance and refund your money.
- Tickets are not transferable to another party.
- Opera U tickets are sold at the discretion of the box office, who determines the performances, locations and number of tickets offered.
- Faculty members are allowed one ticket at the Opera U price only when they organize a group of 15 or more full-time students for the same performance.