INFORMATION FOR LA OPERA PATRONS ABOUT COVID-19
Due to the statewide effort to curb spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) the following performances have been cancelled:
- Roberto Devereux (March 14 performance only)
- Angel's Bone (May 1-3)
- Pelléas and Mélisande (May 2-23)
- Rodelinda (May 8)
- The Marriage of Figaro (June 6-28)
LA Opera takes the safety and health of our patrons seriously, and while these cancellations are unfortunate, they are necessary to ensure the safety of our patrons, staff and artists.
Support The LA Opera Relief Fund
The power of opera stems from the fact that nearly every aspect of each and every production is lovingly created by hand, instrument or voice. With a full orchestra and chorus, stagehands, singers, designers, costumers, technicians and more, each opera we produce employs 300-500 people. The LA Opera Relief Fund will provide much needed relief for those impacted by production cancellations and will help us continue to support our community during this unprecedented time.
You can also make a one-time donation that will help see the company through this challenging time by visiting LAOpera.org/Donate.
Have a ticket to a cancelled performance? You have a few options.
- Hold a Credit in your account: If you choose to do nothing at this time, your credit is ready and waiting on your account and it will automatically be applied to your next purchase. Simply call our box office when you’re ready to make your next purchase.
- Donate your tickets: As a ticket buyer, you uniquely understand the impact that the communal experience of opera can have on a person. Please consider donating the cost of your tickets to support local artists and artisans. LA Opera is committed to providing support for the hundreds of LA Opera artists, artisans and staff whose work and livelihood have been impacted as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. But we need your help.
If you decide to donate your tickets, your gift would be tax-deductible as LA Opera is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the greater good. Your generosity is deeply appreciated. To donate your tickets please email the Box Office at email@example.com with "Donate My Tickets" in the subject line.
- Exchange for a future performance: If you have a specific opera in mind, you can exchange your ticket from a cancelled performance for any future LA Opera performance, including our exciting 20/21 Season, at no additional cost. For a listing of upcoming performances, click here. If you know the performance you want to exchange into reply to the cancellation email you received or contact the Box Office.
- Request a refund: If you need to request a refund, please call our Box Office and our customer service staff will be able to assist you.
Contact the LA Opera Box Office
Phone: 213.972.8001 Monday - Saturday | 10:00am - 6:00pm
Unfortunately, because of this cancellation you may experience longer wait times over the phone. We sincerely appreciate your patience.
Thank you for your continued support of LA Opera. We look forward to welcoming you back to the opera as soon as we are cleared to do so again. For the latest updates and interesting and entertaining content during the shutdown, please follow LA Opera on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.