Now Streaming: Five programs. Five recitals. Five of opera's brightest stars.
Our new Signature Recital Series gives you exclusive access to astounding performances in intimate performances—filmed in stunning venues across the country and in Europe—streamed directly to your home screen.
The series includes recitals with tenor Russell Thomas (LA Opera's phenomenal Artist in Residence) partnering with pianist Kyung-Mi Kim for a mesmerizing traversal of Schumann's Dichterliebe (Poet's Love), one of the towering masterpieces of the Romantic-era song repertoire, unforgettable performances from mezzo-soprano Susan Graham, soprano Christine Goerke, soprano Julia Bullock and mezzo-soprano J'Nai Bridges—a breathtaking showcase of vocal magic.
Watch all five recitals for just $45 by getting access below by June 30. LA Opera subscribers get discounted access to the complete series for just $30 (just log into your subscription account when purchasing and the price will automatically change). To join as a subscriber and save, click here.
Part of the On Now platform of digital programming. Purchase the Signature Recitals package by June 30 to stream all five recitals on-demand now through July 1.
Stream all these recitals on-demand anytime and as often as you'd like thru JULY 1
Russell Thomas, tenor
- Pianist: Kyung-Mi Kim
- Filmed at: Spivey Hall (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Program: Schumann's Dichterliebe (Poet's Love), "Total Eclipse" from Handel's Samson, and love songs by Adolphus Hailstork and Robert Owens.
Susan Graham, MEZZO-soprano
- Pianist: Jeremy Frank
- Filmed at: Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (Los Angeles, California)
- Program: A collection of her favorite songs by 20th-century great Kurt Weill, from the yearning "Lonely House," to the tantalizing "I'm a Stranger Here Myself" to the lovely "September Song."
Christine Goerke, soprano
- Pianist: Craig Terry
- Filmed at: the Art Factory (Paterson, New Jersey)
- Program: Handel, Brahms, and Strauss; Italian art songs; classic show tunes; and other surprises including Carrie Jacobs-Bond’s witty cycle of (very!) short pieces, Half-Minute Songs.
Julia Bullock, soprano
- Pianist: Laura Poe
- Filmed at: Blaibach Concert Hall (Blaibach, Germany)
- Program: songs by Wolf, Schumann and Weill, continuing with music by American composers John Adams, Margaret Bonds and William Grant Still, before a grand finale of beloved tunes from Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound of Music.
J'Nai Bridges, mezzo-soprano
- Pianist: Jeremy Frank
- Additional performers: harpist Brandee Younger, violist Drew Forde, choreographer/dancer Shauna Davis
- Filmed at: Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles
- Program: Music by Brahms and Gounod, and an inspiring collection of songs by J. Rosamond Johnson, Carlos Simon, Dave Ragland, Florence B. Price, Margaret Bonds and Shawn E. Okpebholo, along with a Stevie Wonder classic.