The Application Process
Apply to bring your senior center group to the dress rehearsal for La Bohème on September 12, 2019. The application deadline is July 15, 2019.
Notification of the center's application status will be sent by email by July 22, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
*All accepted centers must send a staff representative to a mandatory in-service orientation on August 16, 2019 at 10:30am at the Music Center.
Guidelines and ticketing
Centers accepted to the senior dress rehearsal for The Clemency of Titus in 2019 are not eligible to attend this 2019/2020 season.
- Wheelchair seating is limited
- Transportation is not provided by LA Opera
- Tickets are distributed according to a ranking based on the strength of application
- No tickets will be available at the door
- Receipt of application does not guarantee tickets
- Tickets are free to senior centers and may not be sold, transferred, or exchanged for donation
- Tickets are for groups of 10-40 seniors age 65 and older (or the applicable age at your center)
As part of your application, LA Opera would like to know how you plan to prepare your group for the performance of La Bohème. Preparation activities could include:
- Scheduling a visit and talk from an LA Opera Community Educator
- Screening a video of the opera
- Organizing a discussion group or seminar on the subject
Acceptance and seat assignment will depend heavily on the preparation activities described by you in this application.
If accepted, LA Opera will provide your center with a study guide, and if requested, a visit by an LA Opera Community Educator, free of charge.