We love our seniors, and we want to show them how much we appreciate them.
LA’s vibrant senior center community is invited to enjoy opera with free tickets to the final dress rehearsal of Richard Wagner's Tannhäuser on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 2pm. You'll connect with other seniors and escape into the arts for the day.
We know there is much that is still unknown about attending live performances, but we are feeling hopeful. With the increase in vaccination rates, we are more confident than ever about resuming in-person performances this September. Our community's safety is the most important part of our return to live performances.
How it works:
- Tickets are free. Individuals may not apply.
- Only open to senior centers that receive government funding.
- A representative from each senior center must attend a required orientation meeting via Zoom on September 17, 2021 at 10:30am.
- Priority will be given to centers that were not in attendance for the 2019/20 season's performance of La Bohème, though groups that attended that performance are still eligible to apply.
- Tickets are for groups of 10-40 seniors age 65 and older (or the applicable age at each center).
- Notification of the center’s application status will be sent by e-mail by August 1, 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Want more? Our Community Educators can visit your center before the rehearsal and give you the inside scoop on the opera. You’ll practically be an expert before you arrive.
Deadline to Apply:
July 2, 2021
Questions? Click here to contact us via email or call 213.972.3157.
Leadership support for LA Opera's Senior programs provided by
The Emanuel Treitel Senior Citizen Fund
Additional support from
The Louis and Harold Price Foundation
City of Los Angeles, Department of Cultural Affairs
Los Angeles County Department of Arts and Culture