SATURDAY MORNINGS AT THE OPERA EVENT PAGE: OPEN DOOR DAYS
Before the Event
- Laptop or phone? We recommend joining the event on a desktop or laptop computer for the smoothest experience. But the Zoom app on a mobile phone or tablet/iPad will also work.
- Speaking of Zoom - We strongly encourage you to download the latest version of Zoom, as some features may not work on older versions. Click here to update.
- Privacy please - When joining on Zoom we recommend you enter just your first name, or first name and last initial, as your username. For example, Giacomo or Giacomo P. instead of Giacomo Puccini.
The Day of the Event
- Gather your art supplies: scissors, markers/crayons and tape or glue stick and art templates.
DOWNLOAD art workshop templates HERE
- A few minutes before 10am come to this page and join us on Zoom.
- Everyone will start in the main room for a welcome and introduction.
- Then you’ll be able to self-select a breakout room to join an individual activity. You’ll have plenty of time to switch rooms and participate in all five workshops. Although you can repeat one, if you'd like to.
- Camera turned off? That's ok - You don't have to have your camera on during the workshops. But if you turn it on, please be mindful of your surroundings and what may be visible on camera.
- The Art Workshops will run on Zoom from 10am to 12pm PT. Then you are free to watch Open Door Days at your convenience.
We're here to help.
Connects staff will be on hand in the main room to help with any technical difficulties that come up during the event. We just ask that you troubleshoot any issues in the main room, so that the workshops in the breakout rooms can proceed uninterrupted.
Still have questions?
Answers to other Frequently Asked Questions, including detailed Zoom instructions, can be found here.