Our Teaching Artists will help your students learn and perform their parts in Figaro’s American Adventure, a kid-friendly opera based on The Barber of Seville.
Arts and education meet at our In-School Opera Remote Workshops. Five weeks spent with LA Opera artists fly by as students are transported to colonial America with Figaro and his band of sneaky barbers and colonial compatriots. (Psst…teachers can sneak in American history content with this opera.) Watch your students transform: gaining confidence, knowledge and a love of music that will stay with them for life.
Things to know:
- Students will learn and perform through a remote platform to help ensure safety during physical distancing (students must have an internet-enabled device to participate)
- Provides cross-curricular ties with American history.
- Workshops are once a week for five weeks, for one class period (between 9am-3pm), and run January 11 - February 12, 2021
- Students will work with a Visual Teaching Artist and LA Opera Connects Resident Director Eli Villanueva to create a digital performance that schools and students can keep
- Covers Common Core and VAPA standards
- Enrollment is open to 15 schools within LA County
- Maximum of 35 students per school from the 4th and/or 5th grade
- The school participation fee is $400
- Teachers must attend a required, online orientation on December 7, 2020.
Applications for these programs are accepted throughout the year and participation is dependent on availability.
Click here to contact us via email or call 213.972.3157.
Generous support for Elementary In-School Opera Plus (EISO+) from
The Boeing Company