Are you between the ages of 9 and 17 years old and looking to sing, create and challenge yourself in a virtual experience this summer?
Join Opera Camp and let our teaching artists help you find your voice. Everyone is welcome, no matter how much experience you have (or don't have). You just have to want to express yourself through music. And the great thing about this year’s Opera Camp? It takes place wherever you are.
CREATE MUSIC AND CONNECT WITH YOUR COMMUNITY
Get ready to sing and create and challenge yourself. Opera Camp is an enriching two-week virtual program where you will rehearse and perform opera. It's an intense, fun-filled experience, running from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Inspired by the stories of our unique communities, students will record performances and submit their work, and for the culminating show our team will produce a video you can keep and share with family and friends.
LEARN FROM PROFESSIONALS
Campers work each day with LA Opera Connects teaching artists on music, dramatic expression, and utilizing technology to deliver artistic experiences virtually.
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS
Art has the power to connect us all and turn strangers into family. Create a virtual connection to people who love the arts as much as you do.
- Session One: July 6-July 17 (Tuesday-Saturday, both weeks)
Students rehearse, perform, and record real-life stories and a musical medley, forming a bridge between communities and generations.
- Session Two: July 26-August 6 (Monday-Friday, both weeks)
Students learn, craft, and produce an innovative, 21st Century digital opera and graphic novel.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Opera Camp is open to students ages 9-17.
- Each session includes an opportunity to engage and have "lunch" with the leaders of LA Opera.
- Students can sign up for one session or both sessions, subject to availability.
- A device with internet access and video is required. In the recording phase, having access to a second device is highly recommended. A parent or guardian may need to be on-hand to provide technical support.
- A pre-recorded, video performance submission is required. (details in application)
FEES: $250 per two-week session
Limited need-based scholarships available
Applications will be accepted until the program is full.
We consider the safety and well-being of our staff and community our top priority. While this year’s Opera Camp will be held online, LA Opera is continuing to monitor all recommendations from health officials pertaining to COVID-19. If circumstances should allow, we will explore possible opportunities for in-person coachings and/or outdoor, culminating performances.
QUESTIONS? Email us at Connects@LAOpera.org.
Generous support for Opera Camp from
The Music Man Foundation
The Opera League of Los Angeles
and an Anonymous Donor