Best field trip ever? (We think so.)
Kids experience the magic of opera with an interactive performance written just for them on an exciting trip to the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (or a theater near your school).
The Marriage of Figueroa
The clever residents of the fictional Aquas Frescas Mission need to convince their selfish governor to change his ways. A few sneaky tricks, a disguise or two and a special performance of Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro are just the thing to (melodiously) show the governor that stealing doesn’t pay. Written by Eli Villanueva and LeRoy Villanueva (and Mozart, of course).
Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 10am and 11:30am
Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 10am and 11:30am
Friday, February 7, 2020 at 10am and 11:30am
Things to know:
- The program is free.
- Transportation is not included.
- Teachers must attend a required in-service. (Don’t worry, we make it fun.)
- We give teachers a hand in preparing their students with classroom materials.
- Our Community Educators come to the classroom before the performance.
- Teachers can bring up to 45 students and five chaperones.
Questions? Send us an email or call 213.972.3157
Generous support for Elementary Student Matinees from
Max H. Gluck Foundation
California Arts Council
Pasadena Showcase House for the Arts