About LA Opera
LA Opera (LAO) is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles. Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, Off Grand performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the opportunity
We are seeking individuals to offer the highest level of customer service as Ushers for several Off Grand and LA Opera Connects productions this season. Our front-of-house team greets, seats and oversees the safety of patrons in various venues and event spaces around the LA area.
This is a part-time seasonal position. $18/hour
Key responsibilities and requirements include the following:
- Politely direct and escort patrons to their seats and assist them with questions and other needs.
- Provide patrons with programs and other relevant materials.
- Be aware of and enforce appropriate house rules.
- Remain at assigned post throughout the event unless taking an assigned break.
- Be aware of, and follow, the proper procedures for assisting patrons with disabilities.
- Present a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and assist with set up of furniture for events as directed.
- Ability to climb steps repeatedly.
- Ability to descend/ascend ramps and inclines/declines.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Successful candidates will have previous front-of-house or related guest services experience and exemplary customer service skills. Previous life safety training is a plus.
We are committed to an environment in which everyone has equitable opportunities and support and experiences a sense of belonging, and we are seeking Ushers who champion and demonstrate this commitment.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.
LA Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company. Within 24 hours of accepting an offer of employment with LA Opera, individuals must either submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or submit to the human resources department a medical or religious exemption from the vaccination policy. If proof of vaccination is not provided and a request for an exemption is either not submitted or not granted, the offer of employment will be withdrawn. Individuals receiving an offer of employment from LA Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.