media and communications internship with director,
LA Opera has an immediate opening for a media and communications intern who will be responsible for capturing and producing stories on video about LA Opera’s community engagement programs. As part of the Company’s strategic communications plan, projects will focus on our community partnerships and the communities we serve. Most filming and story capture will occur in different community locations throughout Los Angeles County. Reimbursement will be made for the use of personal transportation.
While the intern will be supervised by the Senior Director of Education and Community Engagement and the Director of Public Relations, this individual will have the unique opportunity to work directly with film director and board member Tim Johnson. Mr. Johnson has lengthy movie credits and most recently directed the blockbuster Home for DreamWorks Studios.
Qualified candidates must be currently enrolled at least half-time at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Communications, Film and Television, Journalism or related discipline, will have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and will be able to work at least 12 hours per week. Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment are essentials. Prior internship experience in related communication areas and experience in an arts environment is highly desirable.
Please send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Development intern (UNpaid)
LA Opera is looking for a qualified intern to join our Development team. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment on a number of exciting projects. S/he will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of fundraising at one of the largest opera companies in the nation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the donor acknowledgement process
- Managing the tracking and delivery of premiums
- Helping the telefund team with coordination of printed fulfillment materials
- Becoming familiar with patron database and manage related projects
- Assisting with donor stewardship activities including outreach and benefit fulfillment
- Partnering with Research Manager to complete donor profiles and materials
- Becoming familiar with digital marketing software and manage donor e-communications
- And other responsibilities as assigned.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.