Education and Evaluation Intern (college CREDIT)
The Education and Evaluation Intern will be an integral team member of the fast-paced Education and Community Engagement Department at LA Opera. S/he will work with the Associate Director and the Education Manager to implement a new, department-wide evaluation plan for the 2016/17 season. The intern will also examine the results of the 2015/16 season education assessments and create a report detailing findings. S/he will also compile research and develop student study materials on the upcoming 2016/17 season.
As an integral member of the Opera Camp team, the intern will develop the study guide for campers, as well as serve as a camp counselor and workshop leader.
Internship activities will also include providing administrative support to a wide spectrum of education and community engagement initiatives. Some telephone usage, filing, record keeping, and database management are also involved. Schedule may include some nights and weekends. Driver’s License and access to a car is a plus.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The internships below are sponsored by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. 132 undergraduate interns will participate in the program this year at more than 100 performing, presenting, and literary nonprofit arts organizations and municipal arts agencies throughout LA County. In addition to their full-time 10 week paid internship, interns will participate in educational events as part of the program, which is funded by the Getty Foundation. The educational events are designed to provide interns with a broader perspective of the vibrant arts and cultural landscape of the County. For additional information on the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the Arts Internship Program, and for a complete list of all the internships offered this summer, visit the Arts Commission website at www.lacountyarts.org.
To be eligible to participate, students must meet the following criteria:
• Enrolled in a community college, four-year college or university program, and have completed at least one semester by June 1, 2015.
• Completed at least one semester of college by June 1, 2015 or will complete their undergraduate degree between May 1 - September 1, 2015 in order to be eligible to participate.
• Proof of residency (state issued ID or driver license) and college transcripts are required.
• Interested students are not required to have demonstrated a previous commitment to the arts.
• Students must either reside in Los Angeles County or attend school in Los Angeles County.
development Intern (County)