Students deserve access to the career of their dreams – so we’re introducing the Russell Thomas Youth Artist Training Academy.
The goal of this program is to provide long-term vocal and performance training to high school students in Los Angeles County—especially those from under-served communities—to prepare them for future careers in opera. New to opera? That’s okay. This program is designed for students who have a talent for singing, a desire to explore opera, and a willingness to work hard.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
- 30-week program (six hours per week)
- Open to students ages 15-18, who will be enrolled in high school during the 2021/22 school year
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Features opportunities to perform
- Comprehensive program includes weekly voice lessons, plus acting and movement sessions
- Students will receive a scholarship stipend for participation.
Check back here for more updates!
The Russell Thomas Youth Artist Training Academy is underwritten with generous support from an anonymous donor.