Students deserve access to the career of their dreams—that's why we’re proud to once again offer the Russell Thomas Youth Artist Training Academy.
Now in its second year, this program provides long-term vocal and performance training to high school students in Los Angeles County—especially those from under-served communities—to prepare them for future careers in opera. New to opera? That’s okay. This program is designed for students who have a talent for singing, a desire to explore opera, and a willingness to work hard.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
- 30-week program (six hours per week)
- Open to students ages 15-18, who will be enrolled in high school during the 2022/23 school year
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Features opportunities to perform
- Comprehensive program includes weekly voice lessons, plus acting and movement sessions
- Students will receive a scholarship stipend for participation.
Materials needed to apply:
A recorded video (details in application)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions about your application, please do not hesitate to email us at Connects@LAOpera.org or call us at 213.972.3157.
Click "read more" to learn more about LA Opera's COVID vaccination policy.
LA Opera’s COVID vaccination policy requires employees, artists, and program participants to be up to date on their COVID vaccines, meaning they’ve received:
- the second dose of a two-dose COVID vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose COVID vaccine considered effective by the CDC or World Health Organization at least 14 days prior, AND
- additional COVID vaccine doses/booster shot(s) for which the individual is eligible as determined by the Centers for Disease Control, within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Individuals to whom this policy applies are required to provide the Company proof of COVID vaccination when and as requested.
Those who are not vaccinated against COVID due to medical or religious reasons may submit to LA Opera’s human resources department a request for an exemption from this policy. LA Opera will engage in an interactive process with individuals making such a request, pursuant to applicable law. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and approval of a request is not guaranteed. To request an exemption, please contact LA Opera HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Russell Thomas Youth Artist Training Academy is underwritten with generous support from the L.L. Foundation for Youth.