LA Opera (LAO) is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes, and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles.
Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, Off Grand performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the opportunity:Connects oversees LA Opera’s community engagement and learning programming and partnerships, and we are excited to welcome a new Operations Associate to our Connects team.
The Operations Associate provides day-to-day operations and administrative support to Connects.
This is a part-time administrative staff position (approximately 28 hours/week) based out of the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Processing department payroll and program expenses
- Maintaining department calendar, adjusting calendar as needed to reflect scheduling changes and program updates
- Ordering and organizing office/program supplies as needed
- Maintaining department webpages, writing and editing copy for website and various promotional materials
- Staffing Connects events throughout the season as needed
Who we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience with performing arts organizations and/or office administration
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Tessitura, and website editing is preferred
- Strong skills in oral and written communication
- Proficiency with Excel
- Experience with Photoshop, Tessitura, website editing (preferred)
- A flexible schedule that allows for occasional evening and weekend work
We are committed to a workplace in which everyone has equitable opportunities and experiences a sense of belonging, and we are seeking an Operations Associate who champions and demonstrates this commitment.
To apply:Qualified applicants may submit an application here. Applications received by Wednesday, August 17, will receive full consideration.
Individuals of identities that are underrepresented in arts administration are especially encouraged to apply.
Vaccination policy:LA Opera has a COVID vaccination policy for employees, which requires employees to be up to date on their vaccines (meaning an original vaccine series plus a booster when eligible, as determined by the CDC eligibility schedule). Further information about the policy will be provided to candidates in the interview process.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.