Marketing Strategic Communications Specialist
About LA Opera
LA Opera (LAO) is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles.
Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, Off Grand performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the Opportunity
LA Opera is seeking a Marketing Strategic Communications Specialist. Reporting to our Senior Director of Marketing, this individual oversees, plans, writes, executes, and deploys strategic marketing communications, including emails, letters, and advertising collateral.
· Strategic planning of customer communication schedule and list segmentation strategy
· Drafting copy for customer-facing emails, letters, and advertising material
· Building emails and ensuring they match the company style guide; routing and obtaining related approvals materials
· Pulling list segmentations for emails/mailings from CRM; deploying and analyzing their performance
· Assisting with the creation of promotional videos
· Routing and proofing advertising collateral
· Assisting with the delivery of advertising assets to vendors and media partners
· Working with other departments to ensure the strategic scheduling of communications for the Marketing department
This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position based at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion on The Music Center campus in downtown Los Angeles.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking an individual with at least two years of experience in strategic communications or copywriting and a background in marketing, public relations, advertising, writing, or journalism. Familiarity with email building and management programs, as well as Tessitura or other Squl-based CRM, is also helpful but not required.
Successful candidates will possess outstanding oral and written communication skills and be expert proofreaders; be very organized and detail-oriented; and able to prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
The right person for this role will work well with limited supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, small-team environment.
We are committed to a workplace in which everyone has equitable opportunities and support and experiences a sense of belonging, and we are seeking a Marketing Strategic Communications Manager who champions and demonstrates this commitment.
Individuals of identities that are underrepresented in arts administration are especially encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Strategic Communications Specialist” by June 15.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.