Press and Content Coordinator
Opera is for everyone, and right now at LA Opera we’re in search of a passionate, detail-oriented and thoughtful story teller who can help everyone understand the wonder of what we do. The press and content coordinator will work alongside a collaborative team of storytellers in the public relations and marketing departments to oversee the company blog, bi-weekly e-newsletter and assist with media relations activities.
Successful candidates will be:
- excellent writers, who can think creatively to identify story opportunities, chase them and deliver content that shows everyone what we love about our art form
- organized and able to manage time, deadlines, calendars and spreadsheets efficiently while planning ahead (in our department, we do everything in our power to meet a reporter’s deadline)
- personable, professional and comfortable talking to members of the press, artists and high-level executives and donors
- eager to learn and collaborate with others open to a schedule that includes multiple nights and weekends during the run of a production (we’re fair about adjusting the regular workday schedule to account for these odd hours)
Required skills and experience include:
- 1-3 years of professional, full-time experience in a public relations or integrated marketing facet (preferably at an agency)
- previous experience writing for and/or managing a blog • basic (or better!) knowledge of latest SEO trends and tactics
- mastery of all basic Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- functional knowledge of graphic design programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design. Please note that a passion for the arts and opera is certainly appreciated, but a deep knowledge of opera is not required.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.