IT Department: Applications Administrator
LA Opera, the fourth largest opera company in the United States and located in downtown L.A., has an immediate opening for an Applications Specialist / Sr. Applications Administrator. The Applications Specialist / Sr. Applications Administrator will lead in strategic support of all enterprise applications (Tessitura, Website CMS, Microsoft Office 365) as well as various departmental custom applications. Working in collaboration with other IT staff, she/he will simplify and enhance support for current operations and future business needs. The environment is dynamic and fast-paced, so the ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure is required.
Reports to the Director of Business Systems. Coordinate activities with the other support staff; develop and maintain effective relations with vendors and service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and lead the design, development, implementation, and administration of applications and systems environment: new application installation, current system maintenance, enhancements and upgrades, and system performance monitoring, tuning, and necessary follow-up.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of services and user training; consult with the team, management, and customers as needed.Identify functional and technical requirements and specifications including current and future systems and processes.
- Plan and facilitate solution evaluation, testing, deployment, and end-users training while working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Coordinate system administration activities: system and application monitoring, problem troubleshooting, management of accounts, system security, backup and restore, bug fixes, and upgrades.
- Oversee review, approval, and implementation of all application and system customizations including report writing.
- Assess potential risks to the existing environment; recommends options, costs and benefits, and impact on other operational processes and system priorities.
- Maintain application and operating standards, policies, and procedures for responsible areas. o Ensure inventory of systems applications as well as documentation of critical activities.
- Monitor and maintain third-party contracts, services, and subscriptions to ensure an optimal level of service and integration.
- Collaborate with business units and other support teams to leverage, simplify, and enhance support and services.
- Plan, research, and coordinate regulatory compliance requirements: PCI DSS, CCPA.
- Maintain operational continuity and disaster recovery plans required by the business.
- Assist with budget planning by providing technology acquisition, operation, and maintenance costs.
- Stay current with broader industry and technology trends and update job knowledge by participating in educational/developmental opportunities.Perform other related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum Education - bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science/engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in application, systems and database administration, design, implementation, and support; working experience in a performing arts and not-for-profit institution preferred.
- Proven working experience in and knowledge of:o Ticketing, Fundraising and Donor Engagement Systems, preferably Tessitura.o Website and CMS.
- Business analytics/intelligence tools.o Office productivity and collaboration platforms, preferably MS Office 365.o SQL and report writing, preferably Microsoft SQL Server (2008R2, 2016) and SSRS.
- Application/system architecture, DNS, AD, and virtualization.o PCI DSS compliance and cybersecurity.
- Project management (SDLC).
- End-user support and training.
- Policies and procedures development.
- Excellent communication, leadership, customer service skills, as well as ability to work independently with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced analytical abilities with critical thinking and operational vision; advanced decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail and proven organization and project management skills; successful in fast-paced and quickly changing environments and priorities.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills.
- High business acumen, knowledge, and professionalism.
- Commitment to the mission of LA Opera.
- Microsoft MCP / Microsoft MCSA / Microsoft MCSE
- Data Warehouse and Analytics
- Project Management
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.