Digital Media and Video Manager
LA Opera is in search of a passionate, organized and thoughtful story teller who can share the wonder of what we do with the world through our digital channels. The digital media and video manager will work alongside a collaborative team of storytellers in the public relations and marketing departments to oversee and execute LA Opera’s social media strategy including: content generation, community management, engagement and analytics, as well as manage the production process for various social and marketing videos.
Successful candidates will be:
- Experts in social media best practices (with professional hands-on experience) who are focused on staying up-to-date with the latest trends, tools and industry changes
- Excellent writers, who can think creatively
- Team players who will work cross-departmentally to identify and share the best stories and engage with followers
- Personable, professional and comfortable approaching and working with cast/crew, artists and dignitaries
- Organized and able to manage time, deadlines, calendars and spreadsheets efficiently to plan ahead
- Open to a schedule that includes nights and weekends during the run of a production
Required skills and experience include:
- 3-5 years of professional, full-time experience in a public relations or integrated marketing facet with 1-3 of that in a professional role managing social media on behalf of a brand
- Expertise in latest social media analytics and SEO trends
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to adapt to a specific brand voice that is cohesive across all channels
- Functional knowledge of graphic design programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design
- Video editing expertise is not required, but will be appreciated. This role will serve as a producer and project manager for company videos.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.