LA Opera (LAO) is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes, and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles.
Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, Off Grand performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the opportunity: Connects oversees LA Opera’s community engagement and learning programming and partnerships, and we are excited to welcome a new Community Programming Associate to our Connects team.
The Community Programming Associate provides support for LA Opera Connects community programs from design through execution, assisting with overall administration and supporting program/event logistics and operations.
This is a part-time administrative staff position (approximately 20 hours/week) based out of the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. Evening and weekend work is sometimes required, in addition to regular office hours.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Provide administrative support for programming: coordinate logistics and prepare event materials, track constituent applications and data, assist with scheduling, phone calls, and emails
- Help facilitate community programs at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and off site, including performances, workshops, and other events
- Serve as point of contact for program staff, teaching artists, and constituents, including students, families, and the public at-large
Who we’re looking for: Successful candidates will have:
- Experience working in education, the arts, and/or community programs
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Tessitura, and website editing is preferred
- Strong skills in oral and written communication
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- A flexible schedule that allows for some evening and weekend work
We are committed to a workplace in which everyone has equitable opportunities and experiences a sense of belonging, and we are seeking a Community Programming Associate who champions and demonstrates this commitment.
To apply: Qualified applicants may submit an application here. Applications received by Wednesday, August 17, will receive full consideration.
Individuals of identities that are underrepresented in arts administration are especially encouraged to apply.
Vaccination policy: LA Opera has a COVID vaccination policy for employees, which requires employees to be up to date on their vaccines (meaning an original vaccine series plus a booster when eligible, as determined by the CDC eligibility schedule). Further information about the policy will be provided to candidates in the interview process.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.