ARTISTIC PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
About LA Opera
LA Opera (LAO) is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles. Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, Off Grand performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the Opportunity
LA Opera is seeking an Artistic Programs Coordinator. Reporting to our Director of Artistic Operations, this position provides critical administrative support to our Artistic team members and programs. The Artistic Programs Coordinator assists with the auditioning, contracting, travel, and payment of artists, among other responsibilities.
· Managing audition processes, including creating audition schedules, assisting with onsite audition logistics, and communicating with participants
· Serving performance duty at least once per production, being onsite for the performance and providing artist support and assistance, as needed
· Providing daily administrative and logistical support for the Young Artist Program
· Coordinating travel details for artists, including booking flights, hotel accommodations and ground transportation
· Completing and submitting artist visa petitions and tracking work authorization approvals
· Drafting artist contracts
· Assisting with Artistic department recordkeeping, including casting information and artist/agent communications
· Assisting with management of complimentary tickets, including liaising with box office and maintaining comp tickets records
· In coordination with Finance, ensuring timely and accurate payment to artists
· Assisting with onsite logistics of Young Artist Program auditions and showcases
· Providing support for other training programs including the HBCU Opera Career Comprehensive
This position is based at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. The normal schedule for this position is Monday through Friday and will also include some weekend and evening work.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking an individual with administrative experience in a theatrical or other entertainment environment, with familiarity with opera industry practices and repertoire preferred.
Successful candidates will possess strong oral and written communication skills; be very organized and detail-oriented; and be able to exercise excellent judgement regarding the ongoing prioritization of responsibilities, take instructions, and work well with minimal supervision.
The right person for this role will possess high emotional intelligence and interpersonal savvy when dealing with a variety of personalities and working styles and be able to handle confidential information sensitive and discreetly.
We are committed to a workplace in which everyone has equitable opportunities and support and experiences a sense of belonging, and we are seeking an Artistic Programs Coordinator who champions and demonstrates this commitment.
Individuals of identities that are underrepresented in arts administration are especially encouraged to apply.
· Proficiency with software applications such as Microsoft Office and aptitude to learn new applications, e.g. databases
· Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
· Required to have a valid driver’s license and personal transportation
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ”Artistic Programs Coordinator” by Friday, June 18.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.