About LA Opera
LA Opera (LAO) is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles.
Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, Off Grand performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an Applications Administrator to join our Technology Services team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Technology Services, this position supports enterprise applications and various departmental custom applications. Working in collaboration with other Technology Services team members, the Applications Administrator works to simplify and enhance support for current operations and future business needs.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Support design, development, implementation, and administration of applications, including new application installation, current application maintenance including upgrades, system performance monitoring, tuning, and necessary follow-up
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of services and user support; consult with the team, management, and customers as needed.
- Participate in solution evaluation, testing, deployment, and end-user training while working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Coordinate and document application administration activities following established procedures – review/fulfill user requests, device setup, account management, hardware/software inventory tracking, application copy/backup/restore, bug fixes, and upgrades.
- Monitor and maintain vendor contracts, services, and subscriptions to ensure an optimal level of service and integration.
- Participate in regulatory compliance requirements: PCI DSS, CCPA.
- Participate in cybersecurity, operational continuity, and disaster recovery activities required by the business.
- Assist with budget planning by providing technology acquisition, operation, and maintenance costs.
- Stay current with broader industry and technology trends and update job knowledge by participating in educational/developmental opportunities
This is a full-time position with benefits. Our Technology Services team is based at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. The normal schedule for this position is Monday through Friday and will also include some evening and weekend work.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking an individual with at least one year of relevant experience in application and database administration, design, implementation, and support. Successful candidates will have relevant working experience in and knowledge of:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Business collaboration and productivity platforms such as Office 365 and G Suite
- Networked computer installation and troubleshooting
- Enterprise security and anti-virus scanning applications
- POS, Ticketing, Fundraising, and Donor Engagement Systems, preferably Tessitura
- Website and CMS
- Business analytics/intelligence and reporting tools
- End-user support and training
- Policies and procedures development
We are looking for someone with excellent teamwork and collaboration skills who is an effective communicator and possesses top-notch customer service skills. The right candidates for this role will be able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment where priorities can shift rapidly. They will have strong analytical abilities with critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as keen attention to detail and excellent organization skills. Previous work with a non-profit organization is preferred.
- CompTIA A+.
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate.
- Apple Certified Support Professional.
We are committed to a workplace in which everyone has equitable opportunities and support and experiences a sense of belonging, and we are seeking an Applications Administrator who champions and demonstrates this commitment.
Individuals of identities that are underrepresented in arts administration and technology services are especially encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applications Administrator” in the subject line. Applications received by Wednesday, August 25, will receive full consideration.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.
LA Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company beginning August 9, 2021. Within 24 hours of accepting an offer of employment with LA Opera, individuals must either submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or submit to the human resources department a medical or religious exemption from the vaccination policy. If proof of vaccination is not provided and a request for an exemption is either not submitted or not granted, the offer of employment will be withdrawn. Individuals receiving an offer of employment from LA Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.