LA Opera is seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator to start immediately for a temporary assignment of at least six weeks, with the possibility for an extension.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Receiving and verifying invoices and expense reports
- Entering invoices in Metaviewer for approval
- Assisting with entering invoices and uploading Accounts Payable batches into Great Plains, as needed
- Communicating with vendors about payment for their services and resolving billing and payment discrepancies
- Responding to employee inquiries regarding invoice payment status
- Facilitating payment of vendors in a timely manner
- Reaching out to vendors to obtain their banking information for payments by ACH and wire transfer
- Preparing ACH upload files for the bank
- Assisting with reconciliation of AP transactions between the bank and General Ledger
- Other data entry, research, and accounting projects as required
- Previous Accounts Payable experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting and invoice management software (Great Plains and Metaviewer experience a plus)
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Must be dependable and reliable
This is a full-time, temporary job based at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. The pay rate is $20/hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Accounts Payable Coordinator" in the subject line.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.
LA Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company beginning August 9, 2021. Within 24 hours of accepting an offer of employment with LA Opera, individuals must either submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or submit to the human resources department a medical or religious exemption from the vaccination policy. If proof of vaccination is not provided and a request for an exemption is either not submitted or not granted, the offer of employment will be withdrawn. Individuals receiving an offer of employment from LA Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.