We’ll admit, opera can be a bit intimidating if you’ve never been before. Luckily, we’ve curated the perfect prix fixe menu: catch the best sampling of opera works, while also getting a deeper understanding of the art form with our exclusive pre-show talks. You’ll also enjoy intermission receptions with fellow first-timers—the wine’s on us!
With a Newcomer Package, you get:
- A really good deal (as in 10% off regular tickets). Packages start at only $63!
- Pre-show discussion on Newcomer Nights about what you’re going to see and hear so you become an expert
- “Newbies only” intermission receptions on Newcomer Nights with complimentary wine (of course)
- Easy Payment Plans, get started with a 1st payment as low as 20% of your total package price
- Savings of 10% on any additional 2023/24 season performances you choose to add-on to your package
23/24 Newcomer package
The 2023/24 Newcomer Package includes tickets to the following performances:
- The Barber of Seville - Thursday, November 2, 2023
- El Ultimo Sueno de Frida & Diego - Thursday, November 30, 2023
- La Traviata - Thursday, April 18, 2024
All Newcomer Nights listed above include an exclusive Newcomer pre-performance talk before the performance and reception during intermission.
Newcomer packages are available only to first-time subscribers.
To subscribe to the Newcomer Package, contact the Box Office at 213.972.8001 (Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00am-6:00pm) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWCOMER PACKAGE SUBSCRIBER BENEFITS
The not-so-fine print (your benefits explained). There are lots of these, so better go refresh that coffee first. We'll wait.
FREE TALKS & RECEPTIONS
Join fellow Newcomers (who also want to learn what a sitzprobe is) at an informative yet fun pre-performance chat AND an exclusive intermission reception with complimentary wine.
EASY PAYMENT PLANS
We get it - opera can be expensive especially when buying multiple tickets in a subscription. That's where we can help! You can spread your payments out over a couple months. To set up a payment plan, please order your subscription by phone by calling the Box Office at 213.972.8001 Tuesday through Saturday, from 10:00am - 6:00pm (PST).
REFUND AND EXCHANGES
Should anything change and you don’t feel comfortable joining us, we’ll be happy to exchange or refund your tickets free of charge.
If you can’t make a performance of that opera, don't fret, you may donate your ticket back to LA Opera (FYI: we are a non-profit organization) for a tax-deductible donation (now it's your accountant's problem).**
**Ticket donations may be made up until two hours prior to curtain time of that performance; exceptions may be made for sold-out performances.
Newcomer packages are available only to first time subscribers. To subscribe to the Newcomer Package, please contact the Box Office.
Phone: 213.972.8001 (Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00am-6:00pm)