LA Opera has so much to be grateful for. Since the beginning of the season we have been invited into the lives of people and organizations from all over Southern California, and welcomed even more of you into our “home” to experience the wonderful world of opera together:
- the 12 elementary schools throughout LA County and beyond, whose students, teachers and principals worked with us to produce an original opera at their schools for their community;
- the 156 teachers who selflessly spent their Saturdays with us here to learn more about opera (for no pay) to take back to their students;
- the 6,003 folks who attended our first ever Open House filling the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion with joy and laughter;
- the more than 20 senior centers who journeyed across town for our annual senior center matinee;
- the 20 college professors who connected over 500 of their students to an inside look at the behind the scenes magic of orchestra tech rehearsals;
- the 30 high school students and their guardians who attended the first opera of their free “mini subscription” as winners of the LA Opera 90012 program;
- the tireless volunteers and company members who gave selflessly of their time to welcome nearly 2,000 students to dress rehearsals this fall as part of opera prep… and the list continues to grow.
We look forward spending our holidays touring Cosi Light with our Domingo Thornton Young Artists and caroling with our friends at hospitals all over the city.
We have an embarrassment of riches and are thankful to have so many wonderful community partners. Thank you all for making LA Opera part of your world.