In general, it is LA Opera's policy to protect the personal information gathered on www.laopera.org or any other company operated site. We will never share, sell, or rent email addresses or phone numbers with any entity without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. We do, on occasion, engage in postal mail list exchanges with other non-profit arts organizations. The information we exchange includes the name and mailing address only and is authorized for a limited number of mailings as pre-approved by Los Angeles Opera. Complete information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you. Our Policy may change from time to time effective upon posting on this website. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our website periodically. This Policy was last updated on August 4, 2011.
What information do we collect from you and how do we use it?
2. We also collect names, email and postal mailing addresses as well as telephone numbers that are volunteered to us by you in connection with a request for information, services, programs or purchases from Los Angeles Opera. This information may be used to contact you regarding an order and you may receive periodic mailings, emails or phone calls from us regarding new products, services, events or donations. We do not share or disclose your email address or phone number with outside entities unless required to do so by a court of law. We do occasionally exchange postal (name and address) information with other non-profit organizations for very limited and pre-authorized use. You can add your name and address to our "Do Not Share" list by emailing us at email@example.com.
3. We collect financial information volunteered by you in connection with purchases or donations. We may ask you to enter your credit card or account information in our database if you are ordering online. All information you will be asked to enter is protected using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to prevent it being intercepted by anyone else as it is transferred over the Internet. We collect this information on a transaction-by-transaction basis and will never authorize the release of this information with anyone not directly involved in processing the transaction. This information may be encrypted and stored for logging purposes, and portions of this information will be used to confirm your purchase to you. After you make a purchase, we may send follow up e-mail(s) regarding the transaction. It includes contact information, record of the online purchase and/or donation and the credit card company and may also include the last four digits of the credit card you used to make the transaction.
4. Except as specified above, we do not collect personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
What steps are taken to ensure the security of personal information collected on the website?
1. As mentioned above, we hold your financial information on our secured systems for use by Los Angeles Opera authorized personnel or agents to assist you in your use of our website or fulfillment of your orders, requests and/or purchases for a period of time reasonable in light of the purpose for which it is processed.
2. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving any voluntarily provided visitor data exchanged with our website. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our website.
What about other links to other websites provided on the Los Angeles Opera website?
What is Los Angeles Opera's unsubscribe and data-removal policy?
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving any information or contact from Los Angeles Opera, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and address you originally provided to us. Please put, "Do not Contact" in the subject line. If you wish us not to share your name and mailing address with other non-profit organizations, please email us with "Do Not Share" in the subject line and include the name and address you originally provided to us.
How can I review for accuracy, update or otherwise change the personal information you have about me?
Upon receipt of specific request, we can provide you with access to your unique identifier information (e.g., customer number or password) that we maintain about you and contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about you. You may request access to this information by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Upon request we can also give you the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in your contact information or transaction information. You can request such access by sending us email at firstname.lastname@example.org.